For several years now, the merchants of the Dansaert district (which stretches from the Bourse to the canal and from the Place du Marché aux Fleures to the Marché aux Poissons) have been joining forces to invite visitors to come and enjoy the exclusive shops, creative boutiques / studios, trendy restaurants and cozy cafes.
Successful campaigns such as Dansaert Winter Windows, DanseArt Brut and Dansaert Dreams, show that the district knows how to present itself in an original way, that the link with contemporary art forms is unmistakable and that the future is looked to with confidence. During the summer of 2022, the streets of the Dansaert district will be partying
every first Sunday of the month to give existing and new customers the opportunity to enjoy a quiet Sunday in this exciting neighborhood that manages to reinvent itself time and again.
DANSAERT SUPER SUNDAYS
The Dansaert area opens up, now also every first Sunday of the month! While visitors enjoy the Sunday tranquility in the streets of the Dansaert district, the merchants welcome them in their exclusive designer boutiques with top Belgian and foreign brands, some unique boutique/workshops where clothes, jewelry and other accessories are made by hand, selective second-hand shops for clothes, furniture, books or records, a trendy plant shop and a special bookstore…
On May 1, the kick off will be given with a big Dressed Up festivity in the streets:
• models will walk by, presenting the latest collections and show visitors the way to not to be missed discoveries.
• Merchants will surprise everyone with special treats in their store. *
• An enthusiastic music band creates the right atmosphere.
• Visitors are asked to come in their Sunday best to take part in this festive day.
If you plan a day out at Dansaert on the first Sunday of the month, you can combine a visit to a museum (CENTRALE, Mima and soon also Kanal) or gallery (Albert Dumont, dépendance, Arcade, AliceBXL), a cinema (Palace, Aventure and UGC De Brouckere) or theater (Kaaitheater, KVS), a restaurant or bar with a stroll along the wonderful shops for which the neighborhood is known worldwide.
The Dansaert district is easily accessible in various ways:
By public transport (https://www.stib-stib.be/?l=en)
• metro: 1 and 5 (stops Graaf van Vlaanderen, Katelijne or De Brouckere)
• Tram: 3 and 4 (stops Beurs and De Brouckere) and 51 (stop Graaf van Vlaanderen)
• bus (De Lijn): 33, 46, 89, 126, 127, 128.
• Bicycle parking in various places.
• Rent a bike: Villo! (www.villo.be): Beurs, Dansaert and Vlaamsepoort.
• Park&Ride: Coovi, Anderlecht (metro 5) / Lennik-Erasmus, Anderlecht (metro 5) / Kraainem, Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (metro 1) / Roodebeek, Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (metro 1) / Hermann-Debroux, Oudergem ( metro 5) / Delta, Auderghem (metro 5).
• Covered car parks: Q-Park, Dansaert, Q-Park Lepage, BePark Square Jacques Brel, BePark Bourse.
The latest news, openings of new boutiques or special promotions will be announced via the website: https://www.downtowndansaert.be