Since Beursschouwburg’s programme has been disrupted the venue in the centre of Brussels has been transformed into a humanitarian hub in collaboration with HOBO, Globe Aroma, Let Petits Riens, Solidarité Grands Froids, Cultureghem and Brussels Boxing Academy.
As of 24 April, people without a home or shelter have been able to meet at this Covid reception point on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9 am to 4 pm.
Here visitors can avail of:
- warm and cold drinks, snacks and fruit
- warm take-away meals from 12:30 onwards
- toilet facilities
- phone / device charging
- the use of tablet computers
- clothing and shoes
- face masks and hygene kits
- a shower voucher for use at the VGC Comenius sports centre in Koekelberg
- information and contacts
All this is offered with the greatest concern for the health and safety of the visitors as well as the hub’s staff and volunteers.
Get more info at the Beursschouwburg website.
Interested in other related stories? Check our article with Covid-19 info for expats in Brussels.