It looks like Brussels is following most of the global food trends. As more and more people learn about the values of plant-based nutrition and the dangers of excessive meat consumption (both for the health of humans and for the whole planet) then it comes as no surprise that VeggieWorld – Germany’s biggest vegan food fair, decided to come to Brussels.
The international atmosphere and cosmopolitan nature of Brussels is certainly a reason why the vegan scene is also experiencing strong growth here too: more and more vegan restaurants and cafés are opening up in order to cater for the growing demand for a vegan lifestyle. The organizers – non-profit association EVA and German VeggieWorld fair were happy to announce that the very first edition of VeggieWorld in Brussels is due to start this autumn 2017. VeggieWorld, the international vegan fair will have a lot to offer – an inspirational weekend with interesting talks, cooking demos, tastings, vegan products and meals to eat in or to take away.
What will you be able to learn and discover during the VeggieWorld?
Have a taste of delicious vegan products, learn to cook with the best chefs and listen to the inspiring talks from international guests. Here are some of the subjects (and speakers) that the fair will present:
– how to prepare raw food (ENG/NL) Julie Van den Kerchove
– lecture: What’s wrong with fish? (NL) Nanne van Hoytema
– demo: Famous vegan balls of glory (NL) Wim Ballieu
– lecture: How to create a vegan world (ENG/NL) Tobias Leenaert
– demo: Cooking with veggies, because we love vegetables (NL) Nicolas Decloedt
– veggie for kids OR the basics of vegan Silke Desaever
– no meat athlete, how to fuel your workouts and the rest of your life (ENG) Matt Frazier
– demo: La cucina verde, plants-based Italian food (NL) Kristin Leybaert, Miki Duerinck
– lecture: No meat athlete, how to fuel your workouts and the rest of your life (ENG) Matt Frazier
– demo: Vegan foodporn: how to make a decadent vegan burger (FR) Sébastien KARDINAL
– lecture: Basic plantbased nutrition for kids (NL) Silke Desaever
– lecture: High cholesterol or bloodpressure? Save yourself, the environment and public finances by eating more plantbased (ENG)
Location and opening times:
Tour & Taxis
Saturday 21/10/2017 | 10.00 – 18.00
Sunday 22/10/2017 | 10.00 – 18.00
To learn more about the fair or purchase the tickets, visit the official Facebook page of the event.
Headline image: by @officialveggieworld /Instagram